Tuesday 21 March 2017

Wycinanka Birdhouse Inspiration For The Ribbon Girl

Hello, lovely blogger friend's.
I hope you are well?
I'm stopping by today to share a birdhouse that I have created using some of the gorgeous products from The Ribbon Girl online store.
Links to the products used can be found at the end of this post.

The Wycinanka Anemone 3D birdhouse comes in kit form from Love To Craft & Create
Here is what I created.


The chipboard pieces come in a pack so it's better to familiarise yourself with how to piece it together first.
I used the pieces as templates to cut out Galeria 'As If In A Dream' Retro 12 x 12 paper pad and adhered the paper to the pieces with tacky glue.
I inked the edges of the  pieces with Tim Holtz Vintage photo distress ink and assembled the birdhouse with tacky glue.


For the alternating roof pieces I used a Martha Stewart daisy border punch and strips of Galeria paper and adhered 2 layers of 25mm Ivory frilled lace to either side.
I adhered a length 4mm pearl Ivory trim along the top of the roof.
I created fascia's with 16mm Fleur Ivory guipure lace and embellished the centre with a bark heart, a wooden heart button and a pink fabric daisy with a 3mm pink pearl adhered to the centre.


An angled view of the birdhouse.


I used some strands of natural sisal underneath the flowers.
The Wycinanka chipboard bird was sent to me from my special friend.

I hope you like my creation?
Here is a list of the products that I used from The Ribbon Girl online store

I am entering my creation into the following super challenges;


Thank you for stopping by to visit today and huge thanks for all the lovely comments.

Crafty hugs
Donna xx








6 comments:

  1. Oh wow, Donna - this little birdhouse is stunning! Gorgeous paper, lace and flowers combine to make this a masterpiece.
    Thank you for sharing your talent with us at the Crafts Galore Encore March Challenge, “Anything Goes”. Good Luck and hope to see you again next month!
    Carole x DT (Craftilicious Creations)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY WORD Donna my sweet talented friend this is stunning!!!! I so love this I've been looking at this & lots of others lol. I have the birds already so they need a housey to sit in lol.
    Absolutely stunning work as always shug....LOVE IT!!!

    Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning creation. Love every little detail.

    Marjeta

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donna, this is an absolutely stunning project - well done!!! <3 Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi wow just love this adore the design papers and the lace is such a lovely idea bird and butterfly just finish it off perfectly just adore it xx

    ReplyDelete